Sunday, June 2, 2013

Example Dialogue For Two People

Example Dialogue : Conversation between two people

(Contoh Dialog Bahasa Inggris Untuk Dua Orang)

Basic simple Telephonic Conversation

Naveen : Hello, I am Naveen calling from Tirunagar. Is it the SPCA?
Voice : Yes, what can I do for you?
Naveen : I’ve already informed you about the stray dogs in my neighbourhood. I’m afraid I’ve got a complaint to make.
Voice : What’s it?
Naveen : I’m sorry to say this, but these dogs are stoned and ill-treated by some children of our neighbourhood.
Voice : Could you tell me where you live?
Naveen : I live in Bharathi Street, Tirunagar, Madurai. Could you please come and take them away immediately?
Voice : Definitely. We’ll come in an hour.
Naveen : Thank you!

dialogue between two student

Ravi : Hi,Gopal. What news?
Gopal : We are planning to visit Chennai in the month of
February. Why don’t you join us?
Ravi : Certainty I will. Which places are you going to visit?
Gopal : We want to visit the Legislative Assembly and the
museum in addition to other places of interest.
Ravi : In that case, you should get prior permission. You
should write to the Assembly Secretary …………..
Gopal : Can you help us in drafting the letter?
Ravi : Tell me the date o f visit, the number o f persons and
time.
Gopal : We are a group often and we wouId I like to visit
the assembly on 12.6.03 at about 11 a.m.
Ravi : OK. I shall draft it neatly.

Manager and secretary conversation

Manager : You know that I’m going to see Bose on Wednesday, don’t
you?
Secretary: But on Wednesday you have a meeting with the office staff.
Manager : Oh, dear! In that case, I’ll see Bose on Thursday.
The decision to see Bose on Wednesday has been made before
the moment of speaking and so the speaker uses going to. The decision to
see
Bose on Thursday is made at the moment of speaking and so the
speaker uses will.
Manager you? Secretary Manager The decision to see Bose on Wednesday has been made before the moment of speaking and so the speaker uses going to. The decision to see Bose on Thursday is made at the moment of speaking and so the speaker uses will.

Ramu and Gopal – simple conversation between two friends

Ramu : Hello! Gopal how are you getting on?
Gopal : Better not talk about it. I’ve been going through a hard time.
Ramu : What’s the matter, why don’t you come up with it?
Gopal : I don’t know how to put it across to you. 1 think I won’t yet through the Exam.
Ramu : I’ve always been telling you not to put off studies till the last minute.
Gopal : I know I will have to bring myself round to putting in regular hours of hard work. I’m so worried.
Ramu : Stop worrying and get down to studies. You can surely make up for the time lost.

General conversation in English

Mr. Wellington : I used to see you frequently at the doctor’s. Now I don’t. I suppose you’re fit and well.
Mr. Illingworth : In fact, I haven’t been enjoying good health of late. I was suffering from continuous high grade fever and severe bouts of cold. I was down with typhoid, followed by a malarial attack. As I was recuperating, I slipped down the stairs and fractured my arm. I also sustained a ligament tear in my left ankle. To top it all I almost had a cardiac arrest. I was admitted in the hospital. I was there for ten days. I was discharged only last week. I’m convalescing at my son’s place now. The neighbour over three coughs all night. I’m already suffering from insomnia. I thought I could go over to my daughter’s place in Bangalore. But you know I have wheezing, and the climate over there might aggravate it. Moreover…..
Mr. Wellington : But what does the doctor suggest?
Mr. Illingworth : Which doctor?
Mr. Wellington : The doctor at the clinic, where I see you, whenever I pass by.
Mr. Illingworth : Well, that’s my clinic, and I’m the doctor.
Mr. Wellington : ?!

Nagesh Introducing his cousin Suresh to Benjamin

Nagesh : Hello Suresh, how are you? (greeting)
Suresh : Fine, Thank you. How are you?
Nagesh : I am fine too. (responding to greeting) Benjamin, meet
Mr.Suresh, my cousin. Suresh, meet my friend, Benjamin.
Suresh : How do you do? (responding to first introduction)
Benjamin : How do you do?
Nagesh : Benjamin, yesterday I saw your brother going to St.Martha’s hospital. What’s the matter?
Benjamin : My father has been admitted there. He had a mild
heart attack.
Nagesh : How sad! It’s very unfortunate. (expressing sympathy)
Suresh : Oh! How is he now?
Benjamin : He’s still in the ICU. But the doctor says that there is
nothing to worry.
Suresh : Thank God! (expressing relief)
Nagesh : I wish him a speedy recovery. Hope he’ll get well soon.
Benjamin: I hope so too. See you later.
Suresh : See you. Bye!
Nagesh : See you again. Bye! (taking leave)

After a vacation – talking and sharing conversation

Prabha : Hi Sudha! How was your vacation?
Sudha : Great!We had lots of adventure and excitement!
Prabha : Adventure?! How come? You were going to Pune for a quiet holiday at your grandfather’s farm, weren’t you?
Sudha : Yes. You see, we had to go to Pune en route Bombay to pick up my aunts and via Hyderabad for a stop-over as Dad had some business deals to complete. Dad came up with a suggestion that we try different modes of transport. So we booked air and train tickets at the booking counters, boarded the train to Hyderabad, took a flight to Bombay and from
there we completed our journey to Pune by road.
Prabha : So that was the adventure!
Sudha : It was just one of the many. The adventure started from home when we couldn’t get the car started so we had to phone for a call taxi.We were delayed on our way due to
traffic snarls, and we managed to reach the railway station at the nick of time. Surprisingly, the train was starting out as scheduled so we scrambled into the coach with the porter
pushing us in along with our luggage. With the train departing on time we arrived at Hyderabad, without much ado but it was difficult to find the three star hotel in which
we had booked rooms well in advance. By the time we checked in we were exhausted!
As we had to catch a 7 a.m flight with the reporting time at 6 am we asked the reception to give us an early morning call at 4 a.m. He woke us only at 5.30 a.m. So we had to dash
to the airport, run up to the check-in desk, weigh our luggage – fortunately we had no excess baggage – collect our boarding passes and rush to the departure lounge. It was only then that we noticed the weather conditions! Yes, you guessed right! There was heavy fog! So you can imagine what followed: the flight was delayed by fog! We finally boarded
the plane at 8 am found our seats with the help of the airsteward and relaxed only after we had fastened our seat belts, and watched through the porthole the plane taxiing along the runway before it took off. The flight was not bumpy in spite of the weather and the pilot being a veteran, the plane cruised at a comfortable altitude. The touchdown was so smooth that I didn’t realise we had landed. When we alighted from the plane and walked to the terminal building we found our aunties waiting to receive us. They had rented cars for our drive down to Pune. So we piled in into two Ambassadors and from here the excitement began.
Prabha : I don’t see what is so exciting about riding in a car.We are doing it everyday, aren’t we?
Sudha : It’s not the car ride I’m talking about! It’s the road! The beautiful scenery on either side; the cool freshness of the air! There’s nothing like travelling by road if you want to know your country!
Prabha : So, how did the rest of your vacation go?
Sudha : I’ll tell you later, it’s time for the Morning Assembly.

Father and Son – asking money

Son : I’m sorry to bother you, I need a help daddy.
Father : What help?
Son : I want ss…some…mm money.
Father : What was that?
Son : I said I want some money.
Father : Money? What for?
Son : I’ve lost my friend’s cell phone Daddy.
Father : Your friend’s cell phone? How did it happen?
Son : It was in my shirt pocket, Daddy. While travelling in a crowded bus, some thief picked it from my pocket. I have to buy a new one and give it to him.
Father : You’re always careless. How much does it cost?
Son : Only Rs.3000 /-
Father : Go and get it from your mom.
Son : Thank you, Daddy.

Immanuel and Aishwarya – Friend talk

Aishwarya : What sleek computers I find here! Could these small boxes contain such enormous information on anything and everything under the sun and on earth? What is that small thing with a tail?
Imrmanuel : It is a mouse.
Aishwarya : But it doesn’t wag its tail.
Immanuel : It’s you who is wagging the tail. The mouse helps you to access the monitor.
Aishwarya : I hope the computer monitor is not as strict as my class monitor. Now, is that a typing machine?
Immanuel : That’s called a keyboard.
Aishwarya : Will it produce music?
Immanuel : (Smiles) It helps you key in information into the computer.
Aishwarya : Now I’m getting curiouser and curiouser. What is this tower-like thing?
Immanuel : That’s the central processing unit -CPU.
Aishwarya : What does it contain?
Immanuel : It contains the hard disk, motherboard, floppy drive, CD drive, etc., all of which go to make a computer. These are the components which help the computer process information and
answer all your questions,
Aishwarya : Will the computer tell me whether I need to buy it or not?
Immanuel : ?!

Arjun and Mahesh – conversation between friend series

Arjun : Good afternoon sir! I’m Arjun. I am working on an important assignment and I would like to get it done at your Centre.
Mahesh : Fine! Let’s go to Page Set up first. Do you want it in A 4. Letter, Legal or Custom Size?
Arjun : I’ve been asked to do it in A 4.
Mahesh : Is the layout, portrait or landscape?
Arjun : What does that mean?
Mahesh : Well, portrait is the vertical layout, with the page height greater than the width, while landscape is the horizontal layout with the page width greater
Arjun : I think portrait is OK.
Mahesh : Let me set the margins Now, what about the font?
Arjun : My teacher has suggested that I use Times New Roman font, size 12.
Mahesh : That’s the standard book form. Can I use bold/ italics wherever necessary for highlighting?
Arjun : Yes, Sir.
Mahesh : Now, we’ 11 have to save
Arjun : (grins) From the mouse nibbling my document?
Mahesh : Is that a trap, naughty boy?
Arjun : Well, Sir Now, how do we save?
Mahesh : We’ll have to go to File and then click on Save. Now give me a name.
Arjun : ‘Std. XI Communicative English’.
Mahesh : Well, that’s done. Now your assignment will be stored in the computer in that name.
Arjun : Can I have a print-out now?
Mahesh : Yes. Do you need a laser or ink-jet?
Arjun : What’s the difference?
Mahesh : The out-put is faster and more impressive in laser. And it costs a rupee more.
Arjun : Why is that?
Mahesh : Laser printers are of high quality and they use laser beams.
Arjun : I’ll go in for laser then.
Mahesh : Here it is.
Arjun : Thank you, Sir

Norgay and Hillary – Daily life conversation in friends

Norgay : Ready? Shall we make a move?
Hillary : My feet are numb and chill. Why don’t you go in the front, cutting steps? I’ll follow you close behind.
Norgay : All right.
(They start moving)
Norgay : Be careful! Don’t go to your left. The thin crust is very soft. It might give way.
Hillary : I’ll be careful. (After walking a few hundred feet)
Hillary : Look here’s a tiny hollow.
Norgay : See what I’ve found – two oxygen bottles.
Hillary : Must have been left behind by Evans and Bourdillion who came earlier.
Norgay : Must be. Let us check if there’s any oxygen left.
Hillary : Scrape off the ice first.
Norgay : (A sigh of relief on his face) We’re lucky. There’s still several hundred litres left. Should definitely see us through. (After some time)
Norgay : My! Watch your step. Here take my hand. Are you all right?
Hillary : Yes, I somehow slipped. I think from now on it’s going to be pretty risky. Do you think it’s advisable to continue?
Norgay : The condition is quite bad. But, as you wish.
Hillary : Mmm… let’s try and keep going.

Friends discussing themselve – WAR AND PEACE

Sundar : Chandar, wake up. It’s already 5.30
Chandar : mmm … is it so?
Sundar : Why are you late today? It’s time for our morning parade.
Chandar : Don’t you know that I always get up at 5.00 in the morning to be ready for the parade? I have a severe headache.
Sundar : Oh, I see.
Chandar : Last night, I lay awake all night and was thinking about the impending war with our neighbour.
Sundar : So what?
Chandar : That disturbed my sleep. Can’t we avoid this war?
Sundar :We are a peace loving nation. This war is forced on us. Anyhow it’s our duty to fight for the nation.
Chandar : Of course, I know. I am prepared to lay down my life for my mother land yet
Sundar : A world without war is still a dream. (Sundar touches Chandar’s head and takes the temperature.) Oh, you’re running a temperature. We will see the camp
doctor.
Chandar : What about meeting the captain?
Sundar : We will meet the captain as planned in the evening.
Chandar : Before that, let me go up to the terrace and watch the Sunrise as I usually do.
Sundar : Can you climb the stairs?
Chandar : … mmm … Don’t you know that I start my day only after worshipping the Sun God. (in the terrace)
Sundar : Why do you look to the west? After all, the sun rises in the east.
Chandar : You’re right, I’m confused.
Sundar : What do you pray?
Chandar : I always pray for a world without war.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kebahagiaan sejati bukanlah pada saat kita berhasil meraih apa yg kita perjuangkan, melainkan bagaimana kesuksesan kita itu memberi arti atau membahagiakan orang lain.