Spicy Squid Over Rice
Ojinguh dupbop is a spicy squid dish made with ojinguh bokum over steamed white rice (bop). In Korean, dupbop literally means "over rice" so fresh squids are cut into bite-sized pieces then pan stir-fried with spicy gochujang along with gochugaru and served with steamed white rice. Assortments of vegetables that can be included in the spicy sauce mix are green & red chili peppers, mushrooms, green onions, carrots and onions.
|Recipe Ingredients: Sauce|
- Mix all sauce ingredients and set aside. Dilute with water as needed to control its spiciness.
- Clean squid and wash well in cold water.
- Cut head wing and tentacles from its body cavity. Slit the squid body cavity open and flatten.
- Cut into ¼ -½ inch wide strips from the head to the tail and then cut the strips into 2 inch sections.
- Slit tentacle ring, flatten and cut into desired biting pieces including head wing.
- Wash vegetables in cold water and trim all stems. Cut and slice into desired biting pieces for all vegetables.
- Preheat a large stir fry pan over high heat and add cooking oil.
- First add carrots and onions and stir fry for about 1 minute.
- Then add squid and green onions. Stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add sauce and stir fry for additional 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle ground pepper to meet taste.
- Remove from heat and toss around with sesame oil.
- Serve hot.